Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dutch Power: Spiderbas & Heinverine


Bas Rutten, a famous MMA fighter, I noticed him long time ago when I still lived in Slovakia, that was in some Budo Gala in Paris Bercy, there was Bas Rutten doing exhibition with Marco Ruas and I was immediately intrigued by his style. Then later on I saw this funny exhibition where he was making jokes from classical karate, I found few videos from his fights and that was my first contact with MMA. Later on, of course, came Royce Gracie and Ultimate Fighting Championship, but somehow Bas Rutten style, and his way of fighting has this character that is exciting and appealing, and makes sence from the first look, so I did like it really a lot.
I was not alone who became Bas’s fan in Slovakia. Lots of my friends and other people I knew noticed him because of his slaps. And slaps are still considered a good weapon in my country, not those bitch slaps, but a good, powerful slap.
When I had opportunity I read everything about him and I found out that when he was a small boy he wanted to be a Spiderman.
The later through Facebook I came in contact with his cousin Hein, we became kind of FB friends, and he told me that his favorite hero was Wolverine. Hein is very proud of his cousin Bas (of course, who could blame him for that?!), and this is my present to him. By the way, I have all Bas’s books and DVDs as well as his workout CDs. With my girlfriend soon wife-to-be we’re practicing this stuff. Of course, we’re open-minded and we’re doing a lot of things we find good, mixing new things with our previous experience in sport.

Now if you still don't know what I'm talking about here is video of Bas's "karate exhibition"

And here's the best Bas Rutten knockouts. I could't find Paris Bercy one, maybe I'll get it later

2 comments: