Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hi and thanks for reading this page
I found myself in this world in 16.11.1968, in a beautiful historical city of Skalica, in the western part of Slovakia and my parents decided to call me after my father Milan.
Quite early they recognized my talent drawing, and at 5 years of age I was put in a fine arts school. Of course, that wasn’t quite in line with my plans: sitting in front of a piece of paper or messing around with friends – if I was asked, I would have chosen the latter. Then I also didn’t like to draw what I was told, I loved to draw what I liked. This however didn’t stop me from finishing this art school with the best marks.
I’ve always loved animals, so I would draw mostly animals and people, especially my teacher, used to say I did that well. My parents wanted me to be an artist, but I was dreaming become a zoologist (inspired by popular movies of the time, especially TV series DAKTARI). I even went to agricultural school to do my leaving cert.
Reality however proved slightly different from my dreams. Africa remained far away, no more Daktari, and in 1989 I would get a call to serve in Czechoslovakian army and to protect our land against “Western imperialists” as these communists pigs were trying to teach. Army service lasted 2 years and was obligatory in Slovakia. During this time in army I was captivated by martial arts. I started practising kickboxing and thai boxing, because from my point of view these are most realistic and effective martial arts. My interest was not on competition, but rather on self-defence, so I would start incorporate some dirty street techniques, even strong heavy slaps, which are very popular among street brawlers in my country!
Somehow other guys liked my style of kickboxing and started asking me to train them. So we put together a group or call it a team, if you like, of kick and thai boxers which actually came out quite successful: 3rd in Open European Championship in kickboxing, 1st in Open German Championship in Muay-Thai, to name a few. By then I was already working as a municipal policeman in my town, Dubnica nad Vahom. My repertoire of techniques for self-defence grew richer, since now I would have also learned police tricks how to fix and handcuff people, how to fight a person with a knife and some handgun disarming techniques. Later on I got my kickboxing trainer certificate from Charles University of Prague thanks to Czech Full Contact Union.
I married and got beautiful daughter Kristina. Unfortunately, we split and divorced. That was the hardest time of my life and if not some of my friends I don’t know where I would be today. In short time I found myself in Ireland in order “to clear my mind” and start new chapter of my life. There I met Akvile, a sporty girl whom I started teaching kickboxing, soon afterwards she would go to win European title. We fell in love and got nice present for Christmas Eve 2010, a baby Petra.
At this moment my life is about taking care of my both daughters and Akvile, doing my best to support them, which is not always so easy, because you would be doing a job that is not exactly what you would like to do!
I’m posting some of my latest sketches and complete drawings here. Some of them are available on merchandise in http://www.cafepress.com . All drawings and designs have some story behind them, or they reflect my view on society, martial arts, politics, or they are just a joke :)

Random moments with some important persons
with my elder daughter
the younger one


crazy drawing on T-shirt idea
that's my darling

hairy king


another piece "direct on garmet"


No comments:

Post a Comment